Thursday, July 16, 2009

Update! Follow up...Lin

Picture from the website http://www.the831house.com/

I apologize for not updating sooner. The last few days has been full of ministry opportunities that threw my schedule way off. I'm not stating that as a negative, but rather I am thankful for the things that have happened. Over today and tomorrow I plan to catch everyone up to speed on what has been happening here.

I wanted to give a quick update about Lin. As I stated in the last blog entry, Rachel had baked some brownies for her and her roommates. She was very thankful for them and thought that to be a kind gesture.

I was able to find a Bible that has a section in the front of it that answers lots of questions and gives a lot of information about our faith. It describes the importance of why we were created and why it is important to know our Savour. It does give the plan of salvation in it, while also answering other "big questions".

I met with her briefly at one of her jobs and was able to talk with her. Due to the fact that she was at work, I was not able to introduce her to Rachel and the boys yet, but we are just going to be patient and let the Lord lead. We took the Bible to her condo, but she was once again at work. Rachel left it with one of her roommates and he promised he would give it to her.

Please continue to pray for Lin. While talking with her, I have learned that one of the churches here, along with an independent ministry has had contact with her and she has been invited to activities with them. The independent ministry she is involved with is called "831 House". Check it out. The link is listed above.

We will continue to reach out to Lin and move as the Lord leads. Thanks for caring.

Spread the WORD!!

Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment