Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lin Update!!

Remember Lin Lin? She was the sweet young lady I met while walking the cross one day last week. She is an exchange student from China and is here for the summer. The first day that we spoke we talked for several minutes and she indicated she would like to speak to us more. Unfortunately, she has to work a lot while she is here, therefore she has not been able to meet Rachel or the rest of the family yet.

Rachel baked her and her roommates some cookies and I set them on her front porch with a note attached to it for her to call me. Good news! I was able to make contact with her again and she and her friends were very grateful for the goodies.

As we spoke I conveyed to her that my family would like to meet her and get to know more about her. She said, "I would like that very much." Once she checks out her schedule at work she is going to contact me and we are going to find a time to meet.

Thank all of you for your interest in our relationship with Lin. I know that God has begun to join a union of friendship that will bring glory to Him. Of course I want to share the stories of Jesus Christ with her, but I do really desire to get to know her as a person. I really liked talking with her and truly desire for my family to meet her even if it is just to develop a better friendship with her.

Keep checking back please. I hope to hear more soon.

Spread the WORD!!

Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment