Tuesday, June 30, 2009

KEEP Walkin...

What a day! The enemy tried to hinder our progress, but his efforts were futile. Didn't know what to expect when I began the walk today, but quickly found that God was with me all the way. Before I got 3 houses down a guy pulled off the road and began to encourage me to carry the cross in THIS city. I have quickly realized that this place needs an awakening. I know that God has tasked me with carrying a symbol of His omni-presence to this place. Before I got to the end of my street a police officer stopped me and asked me what I was carrying..I said "A Cross"..By the look on his face he was confused and shocked wait til I go down to the police dept. and meet his Chief..they'll all be surprised I used to be a brother in uniform blue just like them...God is so neat!.....hehe :).

Carrying the cross for miles I received hundreds (maybe thousands) of honks and thumbs up to encourage me and to say they approved. Many people stopped and took pictures, many from the road and many got out to meet me. Most asked "Why are you carrying a cross?" I would usually reply "To tell people the story about Jesus". Some new Him and some didn't. Regardless the gospel message was given to many today. Several signed the cross leaving there name and a prayer request. A 15 year old girl named Lindsey sticks out in my mind the most tonight. A sweet young lady that I met as soon as I began to carry the cross on the beach. She is a believer and she asked for sincere prayers for her family. Please pray for her and her family. She left me very encouraged.

There were so many divine appointments today that I cannot share all of them. Thousands upon thousands of people saw me carrying that cross today and it did leave a lasting impression. You see, whether they were encouraged or not, they had to make an immediate decision as to how they would handle the sight of a man carrying a cross. It will be an impression that they will probably remember the rest of their lives.

God is going to do a mighty work here through one family's obedience. Be encouraged to obey Him with your life....God Bless You all!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a first walk. I prayed tuesday for you guys and will continue to pray for all of you and for Lindsey. Tell Rachel I think of her and the kids often. God is so good!

    Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope you have 1Peter 3:15

    Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Romans 12:11
    Amen!!
    "We are not called to be successful, but to be faithful" ~ Mother Teresa
    God bless you and keep you, ~ Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Barry you and Rachel hang in there .GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD ALL THE TIME ALL THE TIME GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD . Sure wish I could join you all for a few days . KEEP ON KEEPING ON .Love you A unt Fae , ps I love reading about your days there it's very encouraging for us on this end also . PROVERBS 3:5-6states lean not on your on unstanding ,but in all your way acknoweldge Him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well let me rewrite Proverbs 3: 5-6 sinceI goofed the first go around lol
    Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not unto your on understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths . thats one of my favorite scpritures . Be blessed in our Lord Jesus Christ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barry, you, Rachel and the precious boys are always in my prayers. I pray that God will accomplish what He desires for it is His work in us that gives the fruit. "not by might nor by power but by my spirit, says the Lord" He is a faithful God who works for good even what the enemy would mean for our bad...I love you, Momma Ann

    ReplyDelete